photo NavUpdateFav_zpsv6k5neon.png photo NavFB_zpshd75cfbx.png photo NavTwit_zpsqzidiued.png photo NavIG_zpskbdmel2g.png photo NavPin_zpsifzpqf2x.png photo NavBL_zps5kkoutdx.png photo NavEM_zpsjsr96ytv.png


Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pretty Pretty Princess

Sunnies: Anthropologie - similar








Do you remember the game Pretty Pretty Princess? A game where the goal was to collect plastic jewels and ultimately the plastic crown to be named princess of plastic? I LIVED for that game. Once I won, I felt like princess for the entire day, wearing my shiny crown and clip on earrings until bedtime. There was nothing better than that feeling that in some sense you were actually princess...even if it came from winning a board game. It all made sense in my five year old mind. 

As a grown up, re-creating that memory comes simply from wearing amazing clothing that makes you feel like a princess.
Take this skirt for example. The moment I tried it on, as absolutely cheesy as it sounds, I was 5 again and had just won a battle round of Pretty Pretty Princess winning the ultimate honors. 

This skirt from Chicwish is beyond gorgeous. I love the floaty fabric and the pretty nude color that goes with just about  anything. I love that I now own something that I can throw on whenever I need a dash of that 5 year old princess magic...and you better believe I will be wearing this any chance I get.
To compliment a more sophisticated style, I decided to forgo the plastic earrings and crown and don some polka dots (a little 5 year old me coming through), a faux leather jacket and of course a bright statement necklace. 

I have to say, Chicwish is one of my latest online shopping obsessions. I browse the site daily as they are always getting new pieces in! They have unique items at great prices and such pretty pieces. Check them out...I'm obsessed. 


16 comments:

  1. your necklace is SO CUTE!!! i love this whole outfit. absolutely a pretty pretty princess (and yes i loved that game)!
    Rory
    www.WearAboutsBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great combo! That skirt is officially in my shopping cart now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such an unusual combination, yet it looks amazing alltogether. Love it!

    Petush

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your skirt! So cute :)
    xx

    Eli

    www.acurlystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great look, I love to wear a maxi skirt with a leather jacket!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look from head to toe! I am pinning this as we speak! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I don't know this game, but I can certainly understand it. The grown up version of that is dressing up in clothes! :) Love this flowy maxi skirt and your sunnies <3

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look perfect head to toe! I really like the skirt on you and especially how you combined it with the jacket!

    XO IMKE

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so beautiful!!

    http://voguesweetvogue.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  10. DUDE WHAT? I have never played this pretty princess game. HOTDAMN HOW DID I LIVE? All I wanted to be was a princess.. and that rings true now, even... hahaha.

    But okay, you totally look like a pretty, pretty princess here. That skirt is so flowy and majestic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable outfit, you look so cute!
    xo,
    May

    http://dancelikenobodyswatching.me

    ReplyDelete
  12. good and also click on Setup on bluestacks. This will start http://peggoapp.com Google Play Store therefore you will not have the nice.

    ReplyDelete