photo NavUpdateFav_zpsv6k5neon.png photo NavFB_zpshd75cfbx.png photo NavTwit_zpsqzidiued.png photo NavIG_zpskbdmel2g.png photo NavPin_zpsifzpqf2x.png photo NavBL_zps5kkoutdx.png photo NavEM_zpsjsr96ytv.png


Saturday, May 17, 2014

Miss Mickey

Bracelet: BaubleBar




Bailee wanted her picture taken 

 If you've been following my blog for awhile, you know that I graduated with a BA in Elementary Education 2 years ago. After college and student teaching, I moved back home as I loved my hometown, am a total family girl and had a dream of teaching at the my old elementary school. Little did I know how difficult it would be to get a job in my town, and spent the past two years subbing and doing a few long-term jobs. I applied for a few jobs here and there, but had my heart set on working at my elementary school. 

When a job opened at my old school, I immediately applied and waited on pins and needles for an interview. Almost a month after applying, I got the call with an offer to interview! It was the most exciting yet terrifying experiences, as 5 people from the school drilled me with questions. Guys, I left the interview feeling absolutely defeated. I stumbled over my words, repeated myself and didn't think there was any way they would call me with good news.

Over a week later, I got the call. I GOT THE JOB! I am so excited to share with you that I will have my own classroom next year and be teaching 1st grade! I am sure I will have plenty of stories to share with you and plenty of 'teacher' outfits! 

I have two distinct styles. Teacher and NON-teacher. I think you will have a pretty easy time telling what I wore to school VS what I wore on the weekend! For example, these pictures were taken after a day of subbing. I definitely love wearing dresses in the classroom and love mixing prints! 

Anyways, I'm over the moon about my new adventure and am so excited (and a little nervous) about having my own group of kiddos next year! Can't wait to share with you!! 

xo Miss Mickey :) 


18 comments:

  1. Great look and how cute is your dog! Congrats on your job, that's so exciting!

    www.loveandclothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I teach Grade One here in Australia and it's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting your dream job! That's so exciting!!

    xo
    Maddie

    http://littlestylebird.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new job girl! That is SO exciting. You will do great. I love this outfit, by the way! I LOVE layering my chambray dress and you did it perfectly! I will definitely be using this for inspo in the future!

    Jessica
    following from
    Afternoon Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great look, lovein the scarf and dog is soooo cute:)
    Congrats!

    http://myfashionfoodstyle.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  6. ASHLEY OMIGOSH CONGRATS!!! You SO deserve this job. Congrats and congrats and congrats some more. If I could bake you a cake, I totally would. You deserve this. It's so amazing seeing everyone getting jobs right now... eep, the real world!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps) teacher-you outfits are totally CUTE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely styling! The scarf is beautiful :)

    www.gamesoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in love with that striped jacket!

    kymariec.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ashley,

    Hi there! My name is Melody-and I am so excited to hear you will be a full time teacher next year! Wow!

    I have been following your blog for awhile now, but I had not realized you were an elementary ed gal, I just liked your outifts! However, now that I know your teaching passion, I like you even more!

    I'm currently finishing up my elementary ed degree and will be student teaching this next entire school year. I've simply got no idea how I am going to keep myself looking cute by abiding to the teacher look EVERY day, it may be rough-so I look forward to your outfits! Thanks for posting!

    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such great news Ashley!! Congrats!! Good for you for working hard to get the job you've always wanted :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO CLASSY though! I love this even if it's a "work outfit". The stripes with the floral are awesome, and I love the shoes! Also Bailee is adorable!

    Congrats on getting your own class for next year, that's so awesome :) Can't wait to hear stories and see how you stick to stylish in the classroom!

    Rory

    www.WearAboutsBlog.com


    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on the job! So exciting! Loving your outfit here!

    Xo, Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, Miss Mickey is the cutest teacher name ever! Haha, you are going to be such an amazing teacher :D I can't wait to hear about your classroom stories!
    I love this teacher outfit you're rocking. You'll be the most stylish teacher ever!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  15. CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy and excited for you! Can't wait to hear classroom stories and to see more work outfits. Ahhh seriously this outfit is so perfect, I love print mixing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the teaching job! What a dream come true! I just graduated from teacher's college and have been subbing just as you were so I understand the process. Good luck with grade 1 - they are so sweet at that age. Can't wait to see some teacher style inspiration this fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. ashley that is such great news!!! so excited for you, waiting and working to make your dream come true!

    xo mk
    gold-hatted lover

    ReplyDelete