photo NavUpdateFav_zpsv6k5neon.png photo NavFB_zpshd75cfbx.png photo NavTwit_zpsqzidiued.png photo NavIG_zpskbdmel2g.png photo NavPin_zpsifzpqf2x.png photo NavBL_zps5kkoutdx.png photo NavEM_zpsjsr96ytv.png


Thursday, September 7, 2017

How to Style a Pinafore Dress

Today's post is in collaboration with Nordstrom. All opinions are my own!

Look 1: Striped Tee ($20!) // Pinafore Dress // Booties // Bag // Sunnies // Similar Watch

Look 2: Top // Pinafore Dress // Sneakers // Bag // Sunnies 

If you've followed me for awhile, you know I am just a little obsessed with overalls. That's why the moment I saw this pinafore dress, I had to have it! It's such a fun piece to add to your fall wardrobe as you can wear it now and easily transition it as the seasons change! I have been SO excited to see this trend make it's way into fall fashion! While browsing the Nordstrom site, I noticed pinafores in different fabrics and patterns throughout the new arrivals section. They are ALWAYS on top of the latest trends and I will definitely be adding a few more pinafores to my wardrobe this season thanks to Nordstrom (obsessing over this embroidered option and this unique velvet pick). 

Today I wanted to share TWO ways to wear a pinafore dress. This classic denim option is a perfect way to bring the trend into you fall wardrobe. I promise this is a piece you will get a ton of wear out of! 

Look 1 - This is an easy way to style a pinafore for work in the fall! A basic striped tee (this one is only $20!) and a pair of booties makes for a cute and easy outfit that is also the perfect base for layering when the weather gets cooler. In late fall, I would definitely pair this with tights, riding boots a scarf and cardigan! 

Look 2 - A pinafore can be a perfect laid back piece for the weekend! Pair it with some sneakers and a cozy sweater or sweatshirt for an effortless throw on and go look. This sweatshirt is SO comfortable and ridiculously soft. I also can't get enough of those oversized sleeves! 

Get the Look



















2 Simple Link-Up ‘Rules’

1. Follow your hosts on Bloglovin’: The Red Closet Diary & Twenties Girl Style
2. Link back to our site from your post!

22 comments:

  1. Ashley, this dress is adorable! I have a few pinafore style dresses in my closet that I forgotten about, so thank you for the reminder! They are so perfect for layering in the fall.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you can really layer almost any shirt under this dress!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute dress, and I'm loving both ways that you styled it! Such a fun dress to have for the fall.
    Rachael
    www.threadforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great casual denim look! love it!

    love,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  5. this dress looks so cute on you!

    xo!
    Shelby
    www.glitterandgingham.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dress is so cute! Love how you've styled it, especially with those booties!

    XO
    Lee Anne
    www.lifebylee.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh I definitely need to give this trend a try!
    Mei

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would wear this EVERYDAY. I love love love it!!

    xoxo
    Krista
    www.hundredblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This denim and stripe combo is so cute! My favorite thing about this look is that I can see myself wearing this any time of year. Perfection!

    xo,
    Courtney
    www.stylebycourtney.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This dress is so cute and versatile! I love both of these looks.
    - Katherine
    engineering-in-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you styled this dress! Especially with the striped shirt underneath. Don't ya just love versatile pieces?! XO

    Jamaria | throughjamseyes.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love love overall dresses and overalls too! I never knew these were called pinafores or are they different from overall dresses?

    I especially love the look with the sweater underneath and Adidas! So cute... thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This dress is so cute for fall! I love that it has pockets!

    xx,
    Amanda || www.fortheloveofglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great minds think alike. I just did a post on denim overalls. LOVE them. Great look here with the booties. Definitely trying this one.

    Thrifting Diva
    www.thriftingdiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great way to transition a look from summer to fall. I love the stripe shirt with your pinafore!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg I love this pinafore dress!

    xo Jules

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the dress with simple stripes. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like the way you styled this dress! Very cute outfit--very 90s!

    ReplyDelete
  19. that denim dress is a MUST!!!!! so versatile, too

    ReplyDelete