photo NavUpdateFav_zpsv6k5neon.png photo NavFB_zpshd75cfbx.png photo NavTwit_zpsqzidiued.png photo NavIG_zpskbdmel2g.png photo NavPin_zpsifzpqf2x.png photo NavBL_zps5kkoutdx.png photo NavEM_zpsjsr96ytv.png


Saturday, August 24, 2013

Yeah...I Really Own That: Annie from New England Romance

When I first started REALLY blogging (there have been sad attempts since 2009), New England Romance was one of the first blogs I started avidly stalking. When Annie posted a comment on one of my very first posts, I discovered her blog and automatically fell in love. Annie probably doesn't know this, but she was one of the reasons I actually started to take blogging seriously. Before discovering Annie's blog, I had only really looked at high fashion blogs. I figured there was NO way I could ever be a fashion blogger as the blogs I was following featured outfits costing more than my college tuition for the semester. Yeah, what real girl can afford to drop a few thousand on a hand bag and a pair of shoes, right?

Discovering Annie's blog was like a breath of fresh air, and also lead me to discovering the idea of a 'personal style' blog. Although there was a huge gap in time from my first post on this blog to regularly blogging (my first post HERE was posted in 2011 - I didn't start REALLY blogging HERE (aka real photos and not awesome mirror pics) until May of 2012), I constantly followed Annie, checking her blog daily. I loved that she featured affordable pieces of clothing from stores I shopped at (we even had some of the same pieces!) and styled them in REAL GIRL ways. She also has a total knack for thrifting, and am always blown away by her fantastic finds. Sadly, we live across the US from each other, but I hope to meet up with this lady someday so she can teach me her thrifting ways!

Flash forward a few years later and the growth of Twenties Girl Style and the mass amounts of personal style bloggers I now follow and have be-friended and I can honestly say I owe a part to Annie, by inspiring me to share my personal style and take blogging seriously. 
I still adore Annie's blog (she will always be one of my all time favorites!) and check it daily, so I am beyond thrilled to have her guest posting today:) 

Without further ado, I now introduce you to my August Yeah...I Really Own That blogger, the adorably stylish and outfit inspiring...


 Head to Toe: Peplum top, Lovely Day Clothing; Jeans, Gap; Necklace, American Eagle Outfitters; Heels, gojane.com






 Hey Twenties Girl Style fans! I’m Annie, and I blog over at New England Romance. I was super stoked when Ashley asked me to be her September Yeah, I Really Own That blogger…First, because I am obsessed with Ashely’s fresh young style and second, because I have a lot of YIROT’s. For example, after explaining the concept to my boyfriend (who is also my photographer), he said “Cool, so is it for the shoes or the top?” Since I occasionally indulge in the fabulously tacky and will hold onto “oldies but goodies” until they are literally falling apart, I had a lot to choose from. But these sky-high silver heels have got to be my most outlandish favorite.

This time last year, I was the maid of honor in my best friend’s wedding. She asked the bridesmaids to pick out silver shoes in our style of choice. Being my first year out of college, I was seriously pinching pennies and hoping to avoid having my dress altered. Luckily enough, it ended up fitting perfectly but was way too long. So I went in search for the highest shoes I could find and came up with these babies. Turns out, the dress was so long I still had to get it shortened. The best man was extremely concerned about me falling on my face as we twirled out at the reception, but I managed to stay on my feet. And I actually love these heels. They are perfect for New Year’s Eve and look great with jeans for a night out. For this outfit, I went all-out trendy and paired with a faux-leather peplum.



8 comments:

  1. Aw I love Annie's blog- she's a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has a fresh great style indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that is too funny what her boyfriend said. Those silver shoes are crazy awesome though! I can only imagine how many New Years Eve wear they must get.
    Also, that is so cool how she inspired you to really blog Ashley. I remember discovering the high fashion blogs and being intimidated by the unreal style these girls would wear. However, its the personal style bloggers that I truly enjoy. They're real!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashely, I love this. You are too sweet! Our thrifting date will happen some day!
    xo Annie

    New England Romance

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so cool that you can use this as a measure of how far you've come, that you get to work with one of your favorite blogs! Yay!

    Mili from call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great style, I really like her <3
    What about following each other via GFC and Bloglovin? Just let me know!
    Xxx

    Carolina

    www.the-world-c.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful outfit ;) Amazing style!

    I follow you beautiful blog. I hope you will follow me back and I will wait for you in my blog www.gabusiek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annie's awesome! I've been reading her blog for awhile now too and her cute outfits with riding boots convinced me to get mine :D

    ReplyDelete