photo NavUpdateFav_zpsv6k5neon.png photo NavFB_zpshd75cfbx.png photo NavTwit_zpsqzidiued.png photo NavIG_zpskbdmel2g.png photo NavPin_zpsifzpqf2x.png photo NavBL_zps5kkoutdx.png photo NavEM_zpsjsr96ytv.png


Friday, October 25, 2013

Yeah...I Really Own That: Monica from Monica's Notebook/Monica's Closet Essentials

A few months ago, I was introduced to Monica's Closet Essentials, a cute little boutique, run by the adorably sweet, Monica of Monica's Notebook. I soon became OBSESSED with the blog and boutique (I even got to style a piece from her store HERE), and made a new sweet blogging friend. Monica is absolutely gorgeous, has amazing style, the sweetest personality, and a heart of gold. I swear guys, just reading her blog will make you want to be her bff....she really is that sweet! Oh and her recent engagement story...? Swoon-worthy! The cutest thing you've ever read! The fantastic thing about MCE, Monica's boutique, is that her personality and fantastic style shine through as she stocks the cutest items ever. She frequently updates her stock, and I find myself constantly drooling over the adorable pieces. What's even better? She styles the pieces so you know just how cute they are and it also gives you an idea of how to wear it. 

With that said, I am SO excited to introduce you to the adorable, kind, sweet and ridiculously stylish October Yeah...I Really Own That guest blogger...


If y'all don't know Ashley from TwentiesGirlStyle you're missing out.
She's the cutest little thing with the most amazing blog where she shares her incredible 
taste of fashion!

Now let's talk about how she's a genius...
Every month she invites bloggers to share a 
"Yeah...I really own that" piece of clothing.
What in the world is a "Yeah...I really own that" piece of clothing??
Well, here is how Ashley describes it....

"What is a “Yeah…I really own that” piece you might ask? It is a piece of clothing that you purchased at some point in time and are not really sure why. At the time of purchase it seemed like a great idea, but eventually you forget all of the reasons why/how it made its way into your closet and are left with only feelings of buyer's remorse or embarrassment. You would think these would be the first things to go when you have a major closet purge, but for some reason or another you just can’t let them go."

So today I'm guest posting over on Ashleys blog
& sharing my YIROT piece!







YIROT piece: Zoo shirt (Target)
Jeans: ShopMCE.com
Booties: Zara

Yes, as a matter of fact those ARE giraffes on my shirt
and maybe a few rhinos, zebras, and tigers.


I think it was last December when my mom and I
were shopping for a few of the girls in our family.

I'm not sure what came over me as I was walking through Target and laid eyes on this top.
I instantly fell in love.
Why? no clue.
I had already spent all of my Christmas money
but nothing was going to stop me from buying this shirt.
Needless to say I bought it and was beyond excited.

I think I've worn it once since it's been living in my closet,
I've cleaned out my closet about 3 times since I've had it but I just can't seem to get rid of it.
This is how I wore it the first time....

Even though this top doesn't get out much I'm sure
I will be hanging onto it for quite a while...

What's your "Yeah...I really own that" piece?!

3 comments:

  1. She's so beautiful! ^_^
    Well, my "What the heck" piece is probably a maxi leather jacket just like the one from the Matrix I bought a the thrift store. And I'm pretty short btw, the jacket looks extremely weird :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I actually think the shirt looks great on her! She styled it quite well!

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha ah man, I always love this feature on your blog Ashley! We meet the cutest fashionistas with some fun stories on your YIROT piece :) Also, can we say awesome new acronym? YES.
    Monica certainly rocks this zoo button down!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete