photo NavUpdateFav_zpsv6k5neon.png photo NavFB_zpshd75cfbx.png photo NavTwit_zpsqzidiued.png photo NavIG_zpskbdmel2g.png photo NavPin_zpsifzpqf2x.png photo NavBL_zps5kkoutdx.png photo NavEM_zpsjsr96ytv.png


Thursday, July 4, 2013

Reppin' Merica

 Sweater: "Shooting Star Destroyed Sweater" - Forever 21 (out of coral, but white and black options available)
Shorts: "Hi-Rise Festival Shortie" - American Eagle 
Sunnies: "Ava Tortie Shades" - Anthropologie
Ring: Jewelmint - different color option HERE










 I wore this outfit a week ago, but you better believe it will be making a re-appearance today in honor of the 4th. I'm reppin' MERICA!

This sweater sat in my Forever 21 cart FOREVER. It looked like a pretty good alternative to the Wildfox Seeing Stars Lennon sweater, but I wasn't sold. When I read rave reviews on Katie's blog (one of my favorite bloggers...check her out HERE!), I knew I had to buy it. I ended up getting a medium on Katie's suggestions, and could not be happier with the fit. I won't lie, since I've had this little gem, I've worn it more than once a week. It's just too cute, guys!!

Anyways, I paired the sweater with my other latest favorites:
Shorties: These American Eagle shorties are the perfect hi-rise, destroyed shorts.  Yes, they do show a little booty, but they are comfortable and I love the distressing. Hey, I might as well wear short shorts while I'm still young and can get away with it, right?
Booties: Target has been killing it in the shoe department lately. I got these on super sale (I paid $10 for them!), but didn't even know they were marked down and was about to pay the regular price for them. It was a nice little surprise.
Sunnies: You've probably seen these sunnies everywhere. These Anthropologie "Ava Tortie Shades" are the perfect Karen Walker sunnies knock-off's without the hefty price tag. Every blogger and their mother has them, but I can totally see why. LOVE them.

Well, I'm off to celebrate the 4th of July in typical 4th fashion: lazy day on the lake, floating and paddle boarding, eating hot dogs and potato salad, and watching the fireworks overhead from a boat in the water.


Have a wonderful 4th!
What are your plans for the day?

14 comments:

  1. AAAWWW MAN, girl, you are just lookin' way awesome. I love how you didn't really even need to incorperate blue to still give this awesome look full of 'Merica and 'Merican-ness. Those booties are seriously the cutest things I've seen. I love the studs lining the top!

    And yeah, that sweater is seriously a gem. I love getting sweaters a size or too up for the slouch factor. This one has the PERFECT slouch factor. :D

    Hehehe. With that, dear Ashleykins, I do hope that you have an awesome 4th of July day!! MUUUUURRRIIIICCCAAAAA (runs out of your blog with sparklers and a tiny flag)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with this sweater!
    Happy independence day :)
    xxx

    Eli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, loving the patriotic look! I like how you didn't overdo it with too much red white and blue either. This star striped sweater does it all! Haha, and yes, here's to short shorts while we can still wear them! They're my summer staple ;)

    Also, your July 4th plan sounds perfect. I'm jealous! Haha, I'm working till close today, so I'm just hoping I'll be able to catch a few fireworks by the time I get done. Le sigh. :P
    Have fun though, and Happy 4th of July!

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Fourth! Love this outfit, adorable sweater. A day on the lake sounds lovely. I was outside as well, but it's pretty scorching out here!
    xo Annie
    newenglandromanceblogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sweater!! It looks so comfy. I absolutely love slouchy sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. why are you so incredibly hot?
    happy 4th ashley! so happy we're in the same state haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your outfits so much! ^_^ The starts jumper is such a vibrant color, very pleasing to the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. just love the sweater :)




    http://chocolatefashioncoffee.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving this distressed sweater!! So cozy for a summer evening :)

    xox
    Bailey
    http://akabailey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ASHLEY, you look amazing!!! Thanks for the shoutout, too! You're the sweetest thing ever, and I'm seirously so glad you love the sweater. With good reason, I mean, you look incredible in it! Who needs Wildfox, right? ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love this! your sweater is super cool and i love how your boots give a touch of western feel

    Sarah
    xoxo

    http://absolutelysarahx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sweater is great! Love it.

    http://stylegodis.com/
    http://stylegodis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete