photo NavUpdateFav_zpsv6k5neon.png photo NavFB_zpshd75cfbx.png photo NavTwit_zpsqzidiued.png photo NavIG_zpskbdmel2g.png photo NavPin_zpsifzpqf2x.png photo NavBL_zps5kkoutdx.png photo NavEM_zpsjsr96ytv.png


Sunday, April 14, 2013

Yeah...I Really Own That: Joyce from Joyful Outfits

When I first started really blogging (last May/June), Joyful Outfits was one of the first blogs I started following faithfully. Not only is Joyce adorable and so so so SO sweet, but her outfits are insanely cute! This girl is a print mixing master and isn't afraid of color. Her style is rich in prints, patterns and color and she seamlessly fuses girly and bold post by post. Joyce often introduces me to print and color mixing that I never even thought of. Trust me, you will want to steal her ideas:)

Besides style, Joyce is seriously talented at blog design! She is the one responsible for my recent blog revamp, and didn't she do an amazing job?!?! For me, changing things up was a little scary (I'm not so good with change...ha!). Joyce did an amazinggggg job of kindly guiding me through the process and REALLY listening to my ideas, bringing them to life here! Find out more about Joyce's blog design HERE!!! 

I am so excited to introduce you to the adorable and talented mix master of prints "Yeah...I Really Own That" guest blogger for April...

Joyce from Joyful Outfits

Hi everyone! I'm Joyce from Joyful Outfits and i'm so excited to be guest posting here today! haha I actually have a lot of "yeah...I really own that" clothes (like "witty" t shirts (I thought wearing it would make me witty...it didn't.) and a blue faux fur vest) so it took me a while to figure out which one to do the guest post on but I ended up with this dress from abercrombie. In middle school, I absolutely loved abercombie/hollister and I thought the secret to dressing stylishly was to buy everything from there. Even though I ended up donating most of my clothes from there, I still have this dress so I decided to dig it up from the back of my closet for this post! :)

dress:abercrombie//shoes:forever21//jacket:banana republic//belt:vintage

21 comments:

  1. oh my goodness she is so cute and i want to steal her jacket!!!
    and i think everyone like to wear a&f at one point. haha i still like some of their things (mostly jeans) but they're sooo expensive!

    on a side note, your comment rocked my socks off ashley! we are totally blogging bffs ;) haha
    and as for the booties, if you look up "wanted dressage booties" you might be able to find them somewhere else! "Aldo Shoes" also has ones that are really similar, but just a bit more expensive

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for introducing Joyce! Your outfit is absolutely adorable, and I'm glad to have found your blog through this post :) Have a great day!

    Christy
    Sunny with a side of...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I only shopped at Hollister as a middle and even high schooler too. I would've never gotten rid of this dress either! So cute! I honestly think Hollister and Abercrombie clothes are really, really cute. Problem is, they're WAY overpriced and they have their logos are on everything!

    I am SO happy that you introduced us to Joyce. I've been looking to redesign my blog as well. Everything you see on there now has been homemade by yours truly. Lol. Except for the illustration on my header. That was done by a very nice girl from Vietnam, Hanh Le.

    xo,
    -Nathy
    Earnestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore Joyce! She is one of the cutest and stylish bloggers around - great choice Ashley :)
    Hahaha, and oh man, soooo many "witty" tees that I've owned. Most are gone now, thank goodness, but yeah, there were a few Bobby Jack shirts in 7th grade...sigh.
    Anyway, I saw this outfit and wondered "what part is the Yeah I Really Own That? This entire outfit is just adorable!"
    Yet another example of Joyce's layering skills.

    Enter to win a $30 giftcard to My Hot Shoes!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable outfit dear ! Great choice !

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were right in describing her ..she does have a very charming smile too :)..love her outfit and visiting her blog rightaway...Happy Week ahead

    XOXO
    Canvirries03.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Joyce's blog! And she's done such a great job updating your blog - looks great! I'll have to think about getting her to help me with mine too :)

    life-etcblog.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ashley! Just found your wonderful blog through Joyce! Would you like to follow each other on GFC, Bloglovin, and Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehe, I happen to have a similar dress actually :P I remember those were really "in" a couple of years ago here in my country and I totally needed it (yeah right). now it's hiding in my wardrobe and I haven't worn it for years I think.. anyway, I really like it how the dress matches those shoes!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome combo...I love her little blue booties!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love her style! It can be so unexpected, yet so perfect!
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who would just love to steal her ideas. I just love her outfits! She always makes something new and exciting with pieces I've seen her wear before. I adore you, Jooyyyceeeee!

    I love how she belted her jacket here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha good old abercrombie and hollister. I remember those days! But hey, this dress is actually pretty cute and you managed to cover up the deer/bird that gives away its origin with a super cute jacket and belt combo!
    Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had so much Abercrombie too! It was THE thing to wear back in the day haha! Love your dress Joyce - floral is always in!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my, i remember when every other girl in my grade owned exclusively ambercrombie and hollister clothing! as much as i like this outfit, i would have loved to have seen that blue faux fur vest! ;)

    max.
    http://petticoatsandpantalones.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. You would never guess that this was an Ambercrombie dress from the way you wear it, Joyce! Even your old items are cute, not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Joyce is the best, she designed my blog layout as well! Adorable outfit.
    xo Annie
    newenglandromance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. First, I love the idea of this series! I have probably way to many things that fall under this category! Joyce is the cutest and I actually think the dress is really pretty! I had the same idea of those shops being so cool and trendy growing up haha!
    Hope you're having a wonderful day!
    xo Hannah
    thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. she's very cute and I loved your blog too:)
    I'll be happy if you check out my blog too:=)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've loved following her blog as well and she really is so so sweet! I agree that she's amazing at mixing prints...I'm so jealous!

    Love this outfit! It's a perfect layered spring look :)

    ~Jacy

    www.laviedelenore.blogspot.com

    {PS - just found your blog & absolutely love it! Now following via GFC & Bloglovin and can't wait for more posts :) }

    ReplyDelete
  21. Joyce is one of my inspirations because she has a great and lovely style
    Now I´m following you in Bloglovin´and GFC I hope your follow me back

    www.sakuranko.con

    ReplyDelete