photo NavUpdateFav_zpsv6k5neon.png photo NavFB_zpshd75cfbx.png photo NavTwit_zpsqzidiued.png photo NavIG_zpskbdmel2g.png photo NavPin_zpsifzpqf2x.png photo NavBL_zps5kkoutdx.png photo NavEM_zpsjsr96ytv.png


Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Living in Color Guest Post


The second lovely blogger guest posting for me is Elle of Living in Color. Elle is another fellow teacher-fashionista that I absolutely ADORE. Sweet Elle reached out to me last spring, offering me teaching advice for my first year of teaching that was BEYOND helpful. We also had the chance to collaborate a few times this summer with our summer prints series (I hope she is up for bringing it back next year!). I am beyond obsessed with Elle's style and have taken countless looks from her blog to re-create in my classroom. This girl is just one of the sweetest most fashionable I know, so please make sure to stop by Living in Color...I promise you won't regret it! 

Hello lovely Twenties Girl Style readers! My name is Elle, and I'm the blogger behind Living in Color, a personal style and fashion blog. I am a teacher by day, and a self-proclaimed fashionista and blogger by night. Along with being inspired daily, I particularly enjoy the community that comes with blogging! I've met some fabulous teachers, and some amazing style bloggers through my blog, and I'm so thankful for those interactions! Ashley is one of my closest blogger friends, and I love collaborating with her! I can see why you are a loyal reader of her blog :) she's the best!
I always say that my blog is targeted to "style for teachers and the every-day fashionista" because we all know a teacher's salary isn't all that great, therefore, I've had to adjust my style and shopping budget accordingly. You'll see many budget-friendly pieces on my blog mixed in with some staple investment pieces. My outfits are primarily divided into two categories: Teacher Style, and Weekend Style. 

Modesty for work is very important to me, but so are trends! I try to find a happy medium, with bright and colorful pieces. I usually shop at stores like Old Navy, Gap, J.Crew Factory, LOFT, and Banana Republic for my teacher-appropriate clothes, but I find a lot of my weekend wear at ASOS.com and H&M. Oh, and I wouldn't be a teacher if I didn't ADORE Target ;) Below I want to share a holiday-inspired outfit with you! This is what I wore to my school's holiday party!





I styled a classic combo for my work holiday party: chambray, red, and leopard. This Chicwish skirt is absolutely gorgeous, so I had to glam it up with my fancy necklace. I love how the skirt has a feminine a-line cut, and it's so festive in cherry red! I am definitely considering repeating this outfit for my work holiday party later this week! 

If you have any questions about me, teaching, or style/fashion, please don't hesitate to email me: livingincolorstyle@gmail.com. I love making new friends! :)

xoxo.


4 comments:

  1. Stunning statement necklace!
    I wish you very happy holidays!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Lovely colors,and the statement necklace has to be my favorite!<3 good collab!
    http://www.aswestumblealong.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7843547

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are my favorite!! So happy for you and your engagement, I can't wait to follow along while you plan your wedding!!! Oh, and thanks again for having me co-host! You KNOW I'm definitely up for bringing back our summer collab ;)

    much love always,
    elle

    ReplyDelete