photo NavUpdateFav_zpsv6k5neon.png photo NavFB_zpshd75cfbx.png photo NavTwit_zpsqzidiued.png photo NavIG_zpskbdmel2g.png photo NavPin_zpsifzpqf2x.png photo NavBL_zps5kkoutdx.png photo NavEM_zpsjsr96ytv.png


Monday, June 24, 2013

Colors of the Wind

Wedges: Target (last season) - DV by Dolce Vita makes this identical version HERE
Belt: American Eagle
Bracelet: Target
Ring: Old Navy













 Okay, okay, I know...another Pocahontas reference. Yeah, I'm sort of obsessed, but the second I saw this 'Aztec Heavenly Maxi' from Retro Clothing, the soft, sweet chords of 'Colors of the Wind' began to play in my mind, and I immediately envisioned myself as my favorite Disney princess. Love at first sight? You better believe it.
When I received this dress, my expectations were blown away, as this dress far surpasses the pictures. It is SO much better in person. From the gorgeous, bright, neon colors to the slit up either side, this is one of those dresses that just makes you feel pretty. It's the perfect summer piece as it is light, airy and sheer.   This is the dress to wear to picnics and parties and any summer outing. Hey, I would even just wear it around the house...thats how perfect it is.
Although it came with a fun belt, I paired it with a sturdier braided belt for a more dressed down feel. Wedges and a few simple accessories made this the perfect outfit for a day at the lake.

Press play and sing along...you know you want to :) 

PS Since our BFF Google Reader is going bye-bye July 1st (that will be a sad day:( ) Don't forget to follow me via bloglovin! 

Follow on Bloglovin

Just click here ^ 

27 comments:

  1. oh gosh that dress is a bohemian dream! so unique and fabulous! you look beautiful!
    love and kiss,mary
    http://www.maryloucinnamon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hellooooo Miss Pocahontas!! You really are lookin' beautiful in that dress. The colors are so warm and cheery! And I love the location you picked, too! I almost wanna get that song out so I can browse these pictures to it... ehehe. Because I totally have an arsenal of Disney music on my computer. YOU BETTA BELIEVE IT.

    Keep princessing on, dear Ashley! ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg stop it you gorgeous gorgeous girl.
    we need to do another 'how we wore our' kinda post too :)
    love you ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful pics and dress :)
    hopefully you can enter in the persunmall giveaway! in my blog !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't you the cutest thing? I'm loving all the gorgeous colors and your pretty wavy hair! The belt and brown wedges are the perfect neutral touches.

    And ahh, that song! It's so beautiful. I'm a huge fan of both disney and bright colors (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this dress is amazing. you are so georgous, i love all of your pictures and no matter what you are wearing you always look good. you are soooo amazingly beautiful

    xoox
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that dress!! You look great!
    xxx

    Eli

    ReplyDelete
  8. The backdrop is absolutely stunning! SUCH great photos! Love the print on that dress!

    xo
    http://hautecouture3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dress and photos!!

    xo - Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress is gorgeous! Love it so much!

    Xo, Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahahaha omg this post is PERFECT. Now I have Colors of the Wind stuck in my head!!! Annnnd... I'm not mad. You look gorge, LOVE the dress, love this post!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girrrrrrrrrrl!!! This dress! You! Gaaahhh! I can't get over this bold print and fun Aztec print. You are definitely reminiscent of my fave Disney princess as well ;) Pocohontas was my homie! Haha, I'd watch that movie so many times as a little girl

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh. My. Gosh.
    That tribal print is so amazingly gorgeous. I cannot stop staring at it!!

    I love how the maxi dress has a slit. It looks so great with those brown shoes and anything brown actually.

    I NEED THIS!!!!

    <3 Kelly | The Patch Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my god i opened this post and fell in love with that dress too! it's definitely the prettiest maxi i've ever seen and you look great in it. i also love the location and editing of these pictures as it just adds something more to the dress.

    Sarah
    xoxo

    http://absolutelysarahx.blogspot.com

    ps. Pocahontas is great so quote away! haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing pictures, you look stunning!

    http://www.shybutsecretlyfab.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello dear, as you may already know - GFC is shutting down - hope you can follow me now on Bloglovin' instead. Here's my link: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3704460
    Have a nice day :** <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. This dress is so darn cute on you and I love the simple styling! LOVE.

    ~Jacy
    www.laviedelenore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. In LOVE with that dress! You look fab and such a pretty locale.
    xo Annie
    newenglandromance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that dress! The print and colors are perfect. You look great!

    www.pinsneedlesfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooo your dress, the setting, your hair, the song! It all works together so perfectly! I LOVE THIS. The dress has such pretty colors and I love how comfortable it looks too. And I can't believe it, but I don't think I've ever watched Pocahontas. But it's weird because I know all the songs haha. I should go watch it; it looks really interesting:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This maxi dress is absolutely gorgeous on you! Love the colors and print and the high slit! You look stunning.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey you´ve a great blog!
    Please check out mine :)
    And if you want we can follow each other here,
    on bloglovin and via GFC?
    Let me know!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love love love this dress. The colors are so pretty on you! Just found your blog and love your style and sense of humor. Can't wait to read more!

    Have a great day!
    Grace
    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete