photo NavUpdateFav_zpsv6k5neon.png photo NavFB_zpshd75cfbx.png photo NavTwit_zpsqzidiued.png photo NavIG_zpskbdmel2g.png photo NavPin_zpsifzpqf2x.png photo NavBL_zps5kkoutdx.png photo NavEM_zpsjsr96ytv.png


Tuesday, December 4, 2012

2 in 1: The Day to Night Dress





Guys. Seriously. I have been such a bad blogger lately! I could list a million reasons why I have been MIA lately, but the number one spot has to go to daylight savings. Daylight savings is seriously killing me, as I go to work in the dark and come home when it's dark. Luckily, my schedule through the rest of December is pretty tame and I plan on finally, finally getting back into the swing of things! Yay! 

I am obsessed with dresses. At one time, most of my closest consisted of dresses. Today, while I don't have as many as I used to, a large chunk is still devoted to my favorite type of clothing. What I adore about dresses is how easily they are transitioned from season to season, and their ability to be layered with so many different pieces. I especially love dresses that aren't overly fancy and can be dressed up or down.

I was so excited to receive this dress from August Wrinkle and can't tell you how many different ways I have worn it! It is by far the easiest dress I have ever owned to transition from day to night. I credit this to the fact that it has an extremely flattering fit, is made out of a comfortable, pretty fabric and is spot on with the color blocking trend without going over the top. The soft neutral brown and navy are SO easy to style, making this dress my favorite layering piece this year. 


Dress: 'Together Again Dress' in Taupe and Navy - c/o August Wrinkle
Sweater: Forever21
Tights: Target
Necklace: Forever21
Ring: Gifted
Boots: Target - get them HERE
Nails: Essie 'Skirting the Issue'

For day, and a simple work look, I put a bright, chartreuse sweater over the top, a chunky bib necklace, patterned tights, and short boots. I absolutely love the way the dress was transformed into a flirty, pleated skirt. I won't lie, I've re-created this look with the same dress, but have mix and matched different sweater/tight/boot combinations for outfits with the same feel. 








 Dress: 'Together Again Dress' in Taupe and Navy - c/o  August Wrinkle
Shoes: Target (? Old!)
Ring: Gifted
Necklace: 'Mad World' via Jewelmint

While I haven't worn this dressier version, I plan on wearing it out this holiday season. I love that this dress isn't over the top dressy, but looks "night out/christmas party" appropriate with a pair of heals and some pretty baubles. I am in search of a glitter waist belt to add to the ensemble for the perfect touch.  How cute would that be?!







August Wrinkle is currently having a '12 Days of Dresses' event (December 1st - December 12th). Each day they are offering one dress for %50! Check it out! 

PS Love my dress? Snatch it up on the 10th for an extra %50! 


43 comments:

  1. such a beautiful color on you! love that skirt and love how you styled it two ways! gorgeous!

    XO Meghan
    citrusrefreshingfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I would have never guessed you were wearing a dress under the sweater! Great looks :)

    Kristine
    www.pugglewearsprada.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dress with the sweater. It is super cute! What great looks. And I totally understand about the daylight saving times it always seems so be dark these days.
    Carlee
    Almost Endearing

    ReplyDelete
  4. i totally want to steal that sweater and that dress!
    the blush + navy color is gorgeous!

    happyleeliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks so awesome, wish I could get mine to do that! Checkout my Gift Guide for the Co-workers!
    -Jenn
    A Pop of Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an adorable look. I love how you changed the outfit by simply putting a sweater over your dress. So stunning! :)

    http://classypeach.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing post! You look stunning in this dress and it is so on trend! Wonderful look - great job styling!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Fantastic tights, and that green necklace is crazy awesome. I'll take one of each please :)

    Samantha @ Sam ipsa loquitur

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that dress both ways! I love sweaters over dresses but I always chicken out before heading out the door.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both looks are super cute but I prefer the dress with sweater!

    -Tina
    http://2petite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both looks 1 You are so beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  12. i know what you are talking about .. its hard to take a couple of nice outfit pictures outside if there is no light haha in the morning when i go to work its dark and in the evening when im off it is also dark already so its impossible to take pictures unless i wanna take them inside and i totally hate doing that because I never really find a good spot. i dont want things and plants and chairs and tables and whatever in the background of my pictures :-( so the only chance for me to take outfit pictures is on the weekend and this weekend i probably wont be able to take pictures because tomorrow i have an dentist appointment because ill have a surgery ... i have bad problems with one of my teeth lately and it wont stop hurting so i just need to let them cut my jaw make my tooth feel better ... im scared :-( but the one good thing is that i wont be able to go to work and I could really need some time off from work. its been soo stressful the past couple of weeks, i have so much work i dont even know where to put all that. :-( but anyway ...

    i love your outfit ... i love the combination of the dress and your sweater. i love the colors and i totally love your tights. it looks really really nice on you ... both looks are nice but i prefer the winter version :-)

    xoxo
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the dress! It's fits you perfectly!!

    xo - Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ugh, I definitely can relate to the Daylight Savings Time problem...same situation here.
    Love how you remixed this dress. The layers in the first outfit are lovely and creative - the tights are so fun <3

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whaow, the dress is fabulous and great with the vibrant sweater too :-) Yup, it sux this Autumn, it gets dark waaay to early!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, you look so lovely! I'm glad that you were able to obtain such a versatile dress... it looks great with that mustard sweater layered over it! And the necklace is such a nice pop of color, too.

    Honestly, I wouldn't have guessed that these two outfits were made with the same dress unless you mentioned it! That's amazing how it can be used so differently. n__n

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the look of layering sweaters over dresses for winter. This one transitions so easily from day to evening!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the chunky sweater, flowy skirt, open weave tights combo! And, both of your necklaces are gorgeous!

    -Tiffany
    http://stylesidebar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a gorgeous lady! I love that dress and sweater! :)

    Amor GLAMOROZA

    ReplyDelete
  21. such cute look! i love the sweater

    fashionpassionomg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. your dress is so pretty
    http://teammode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. haha yeah i hate how it gets so dark so quickly! it makes me want to hibernate!

    xx
    Glass of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your soft, gentle but amazing style! Hugs and lots of loves!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both looks are fab! I LOVE that necklace!

    xo
    Melissa
    http://sweetstylesbymelissa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ur very beautiful and I love ur style




    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love how you layered that sweater over the dress - such a cute look!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  28. That dress is gorgeous! I love the way you styled it!

    Let's follow each other! :D
    http://shybutsecretlyfab.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this post just as much now as the first time I read it ;) I nominated you for the Liebster award! You can check it out here.

    Samantha @ Sam ipsa loquitur

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOVE this dress. With and without the sweater. So cute!
    Now following! :)

    Lynette @ lynette marie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello dear Rebelission reader! I want to inform you that because of technical problems I have created a new blog. Please switch to http://rebelishion.blogspot.com/! The old blog will be deleted in the next few days.
    xoxo P.P
    PS: very interesting post my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your day look! Fabulous and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow! this is fantastic! :D love the look and love how you played with styling the dress from day to night! :D

    xoxo
    http://bebe-doll.net

    ReplyDelete
  34. Good post! Convenient and nice day outfit! Wonderful evening!

    A good week,
    Elena

    http://vgolove1.blogspot.ru

    Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you very much! I follow you!
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the sweater over the dress. The colors together are great :)

    xo Ashley
    luckylittlebird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Pretty! You look so lovely in both outfits!

    Cute Holiday Gifts

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the yellow knit, it's the perfect colour on you x

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love day-to-night pieces! These outfits are adorable!

    Jordan
    http://dressforthepart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. like that mustard and black outfit! love sweater!

    my blog
    donnaiveh.blogspot.com

    if you like it we can follow each other on GFC,FB,Twitter!

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the mood of these photos! How do you edit them?

    ReplyDelete