photo NavUpdateFav_zpsv6k5neon.png photo NavFB_zpshd75cfbx.png photo NavTwit_zpsqzidiued.png photo NavIG_zpskbdmel2g.png photo NavPin_zpsifzpqf2x.png photo NavBL_zps5kkoutdx.png photo NavEM_zpsjsr96ytv.png


Monday, January 28, 2013

Yeah...I Really Own That: Ali from The Drawing Mannequin

The one thing I love most about blogging is the amazing bloggers I have had the chance to become 'blog friends' with. It's crazy amazing how you can meet people from all across the blogosphere and create real friendships through the world wide web. 

I stumbled across Ali's blog, The Drawing Mannequin, through Linda from Trendy Teal (remember her awesome guest post about her Christmas Sweater?!). I was instantly captivated by Ali's blog, as she showcases her many talents. Not only does Ali have a flair for fashion, sharing her unique and adorable style, but is also a comedian (I often find myself laughing out loud while reading her posts), and an AMAZING artist. I feel that calling her an amazing artist does not even do her work justice, as Ali has a way of bringing her blog to life with realistic and captivating artwork that I am so glad she shares with her reader's (seriously, check it out HERE!) 

Welcome the lovely and talented "Yeah...I Really Own That" guest blogger for January...

 "Well, hey there, people of Ashley's blog! My name is Ali Hval, and I'm from the land of The Drawing Mannequin. Before I start talking all fancy-like, I must thank Ashley for letting me reign over her blog with my almighty powers on this fabulous day. She's a lovely lady, she is, and I'm so glad to have met such a sweet soul as herself on this big ole blogosphere. 

When Ashley contacted me to do this post, I had a few things in mind: some clear platform heels (aka stripper heels) I purchased for a specific beauty walk that I was coerced into doing in the 11th grade, versus this authentic kilt that was my mom's in the 80s.  Fearing a negative lash toward my non-existant reputation on the internet, I chose the kilt.  It's a strange piece to style, this kilt is.  It has to be buckled on from two ends, and I'm actually wearing it backwards so that the pleats are in the front... Plus, it's kinda itchy.  But hey, that doesn't mean it can't be fabulous, too!  Who says you can't wear a kilt as an every day sort of thing?  Maybe the Scottish police, but they can't catch me in America, land of the free.  I'd like to see you try, you Scottie cops.

I chose to keep this outfit rather simple with sheer tights and a ruffly cream top that is quite reminiscent of fancy writers who sit in castles and scrawl words on parchment with quill and ink.  Then, I added these Jeffrey Campbell shoes which I received for Christmas.  I didn't feel the need to accessorize too much since the kilt is already quite the statement piece in itself, as is the busy, ruffly top.  I'm pretty crazy, but I can't make things too crazy.  I hope I've managed to prove that yes, even Scottish formalwear can be something that one can wear on a daily basis.  Can't believe my mom even owned one of these... Crazy lady, right?"







17 comments:

  1. She is darling! I love the kilt and oh man, those shoes! Headed over to check out her blog now!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gooooodness, you are too sweet to say so many kind things about me? A comedian, eh? Heheh, now to be able to turn that into a full time job of mine. If only! ;)

    I'm so glad to have met you, Ashley! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well put together! Those shoes are super cool and unique!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ali is one of my faves! And totally a comedian. She is the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, oh man, I love Ali! She always gives me a good laugh and I love how bubbly she is in her ironic way. So glad I was able to introduce you to her :)
    Plus, she's always got fantastic looks <3

    Enter to win an $80 voucher to MsDressy!
    Trendy Teal


    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful skirt!

    Happy Tuesday :))

    http://vgolove1.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blouse is perfect!! xo

    www.ellenlovesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks adorable–and I love those shoes!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post :D

    Aaw RT @deniathly: One day, when I wake up at 3am.. unable to sleep, I will look next to me and you'll be there. Sleeping peacefully beside

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh boy. SOrry for the latter part of that comment. See I've been sneaking off work and doing a bit of bloghopping on the side, so that sort of stuff got "pasted." Sorry!

    Anyway, as I was saying, I would've thought this as an ordinary but cute plaid skirt! :D

    Abi
    http://thebelatedbloomer.blogspot.com
    twitter and instagram: @BelatedBloomer

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's seriously one of my favorite aspects of blogging too! I love meeting new and stylish people :)

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a great post, Ali is really funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love her shoes and she seems so fun!
    walkinginmemphisinhighheels.com

    ReplyDelete