photo NavUpdateFav_zpsv6k5neon.png photo NavFB_zpshd75cfbx.png photo NavTwit_zpsqzidiued.png photo NavIG_zpskbdmel2g.png photo NavPin_zpsifzpqf2x.png photo NavBL_zps5kkoutdx.png photo NavEM_zpsjsr96ytv.png


Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Yeah...I Really Own That: Sarah from Caring Cowls

Every closet has at least ONE of those "Yeah...I really own that" pieces.
Remember when I shared with you my Yeah...I Really Own That piece and featured my Miley Cyrus Playsuit?

Just for a refresher: What is a “Yeah…I really own that” piece you might ask? It is a piece of clothing that you purchased at some point in time and are not really sure why. At the time of purchase it seemed like a great idea, but eventually you forget all of the reasons why/how it made its way into your closet and are left with only feelings of buyer's remorse or embarrassment. You would think these would be the first things to go when you have a major closet purge, but for some reason or another you just can’t let them go.

I recently decided that each month, I will invite one of my favorite bloggers to guest blog and share a"Yeah...I Really Own That" piece on Twenties Girl Style. Yay! 

So, let me introduce my first "Yeah...I Really Own That" Guest Blogger for November...
Sarah from Caring Cowls


I have always loved dolphins.  So much so, I have had my same stuffed animal "Dolphie" (who squeaks!) since I was two years old.  Dolphie and I have such a strong connection that I actually threatened to stay in Mexico when I left him in a cab during a family vacation.  Thankfully, my dad went on a rescue mission across Cozumel and saved him right before we needed to board our flight home.  Obviously, I have an impenetrable connection to my Dolphie, and by connection, dolphins.  
 
A couple years ago I was out shopping with one of my besties, Ashley (Twenties Girl Style blogger), and we saw these dolphin shirts at Old Navy.  Without trying them on or giving them a second look, we both purchased one.  I am sad to report that this shirt is not of the best quality.  It is very see-through and has an odd shape which can make it extremely unflattering.  I think I have worn this shirt twice (including this outfit) yet I am unable to let it go due to the "dolphin connection".  
 





 In an attempt to actually make this shirt wearable, I paired it with some skinny jeans, a jersey blazer, and some boots.  Due to the colder weather I accessorized with a soft yellow Caring Cowl (of course) and a freshwater pearl ring.  I finally found a way to make my childish shirt presentable in the adult world.  





Blazer: TJ Maxx
Shirt: Old Navy
Jeans: American Eagle (similar HERE
Boots: Chinese Laundry (HERE
Cowl: Caring Cowls (HERE
Ring: Gifted 



Yeah...I really own that.

31 comments:

  1. Haha yes! I love it! I have a butterfly shirt made completely out of sequins! Great post!

    Xx Erin
    thefashionfairyblog.blogspot.com

    ** Only 8 more days to enter to win a $25 American Express Gift Card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I love the dolphin top, so cute!

    -Kristine
    www.pugglewearsprada.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally guilty of doing this too! You really made this shirt look great with that gorgeous scarf :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha this is such a cute idea! But at least this top is versatile! I bought this furry leopard hat with pom poms last year because I had a giftcard for it... but still, it's like, why...? haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post!! Hahaha love the dolphin tee. ;)

    xo - Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha...love the tee! I LOVE the scarf too!

    xo
    Melissa
    http://sweetstylesbymelissa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. great idea to invite other bloggers, the dolphin shirt is very pretty..
    http://teammode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha I love the idea of this post–and totally have a few pieces in my closet that I'm totally puzzled by. Including a zip up with a PAINTED face of John Lennon from a NYC street vendor a few years back. Yeah, I don't know why.

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it looks so much better with the yellow cowl & the cardigan!

    http://mylifebeingrenewed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute casual look! love the dog ahah

    fashionpassionomg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a big marine life fanatic so personally, loving the dolphin shirt!

    Alexandra xo

    tovogueorbust.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is interesting and awesome :D i would love to see more of these posts haha i love that shirt it looks really nice. I mean, i am not a big fan of dolphins but the shirt looks still cute haha

    xoxo
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  14. aww i love this post, the dolphin tees quite cute actually! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, yup I remember that post. Can soooo relate too :)
    Love that you rounded up your friend for this - she definitely made that dolphin tee work out great! I love that yellow scarf ♥

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  16. So great! I love the nature of this post - so cool, great idea!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is HILARIOUS. Great freaking series. And who's puppy is posing in the last pic?! Such a cutie!


    Samantha @ Sam ipsa loquitur

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey girl nice Tshirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your scarf is Lovely. Such a nice colour!

    I would appreciate it if you take some time out and visit my blog
    at www.stylesfrillsandheels.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this feature - too funny! I have plenty of "Yeah...I Really Own That" items in my closet! Glad to hear I'm not the only one :)

    xo Olivia
    go for the glam

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay for dolphins! I love them too xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. umm okay, I seriously love the dolphin shirt! Dolphins are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The dolphin shirt is so cute. It looks perfect with skinny jeans. I love the color of the scarf.

    cheap clip in hair extensions online

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fun series! I definitely have one of those items, too...
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  25. great look dear! love your scarf!




    http://eva-style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. omg!! i love this!! i love the idea!! and i myself have a lot of "yeah i really own that" items.. not just one! hahaha!

    Click me for my NEW BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  27. That's a great idea!..I am so impressed… I am not very skilled at this sort of thing, but you make it look so easy! Hair lowligths davie

    ReplyDelete